Author Topic: [Android] Custom Live Wallpaper  (Read 3106 times)

Den

• Global Moderator
  • Selina is my Superstar
    • View Profile
    • Amuseum
[Android] Custom Live Wallpaper
« on: March 01, 2012, 01:13:18 AM »
Download app

This app let's you apply a series of images into an animated wallpaper. Instructions are below.

Download .apk file and open it in a file manager to install. This is a wallpaper service, so there is no app to launch. Just change your wallpaper, choose live wallpaper, and choose Custom Live Wallpaper.

However, before it can work, you must prepare the image files on your external storage, i.e. sdcard. You should have a folder called Pictures on your sdcard. If not, create it yourself -- note the P is capital, everything else lowercase. Your image files will go inside this folder.

Each frame of the animation must be stored as individual files. The file names must follow this exact convention: they all begin with 'lwp', followed by four digits in sequential order, and ends with .png. That is LWP all in lowercase. There must be exactly four digits. If you have less, then put 0 in front until there are four digits. The first number is 0000, the 0001, 0002, and so on. So for example, the first four image files are:
lwp0000.png
lwp0001.png
lwp0002.png
lwp0003.png

This will make a 4-frame animation wallpaper. You can use up to 9999 images, theoretically. However your phone may not be able to handle that much. I have only tested up to 16.

After you have your images properly named, you can start the service as explained in the beginning, by choosing this app as the wallpaper service.

If you want to change, add, or remove images, you must first clear the data. Go to your app manager. By default this is under device Settings, Applications, Manage Appications. Find Custom Live Wallpaper, then Clear Data. Now modify the image as you want, but still following the rules as explained above, and restart the wallpaper service.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 09:58:48 AM by Den »
Support me on Patreon

I saw. I conquered. I came.