Author Topic: Alternate Color Wheels  (Read 839 times)

Den

• Global Moderator
  • Selina is my Superstar
    • View Profile
    • Amuseum
Alternate Color Wheels
« on: March 02, 2015, 07:47:54 PM »
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 08:00:31 PM by Den »
Humans can be gay.
Superman is superhuman.
Q.E.D. Superman can be supergay.

Den

• Global Moderator
  • Selina is my Superstar
    • View Profile
    • Amuseum
Five Senses
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 07:48:43 PM »
Five Senses

original thread at MTG Salvation

• taste - feel, smell I
  • Smell - taste, sight O
  • Sight - smell, hear Y
  • Hear - sight, feel B
  • Feel - hear, taste P

color wheel i think goes BYOIP. explain allies:

• Taste - Feel, Smell - See Feel below. Taste and smell obviously go together.
  • Smell - Taste, Sight - See Taste above. Invisible gases can be lethal, so smell enhances awareness of things you can't see. e.g. we add odor to let us know presence of methane gas.
  • Sight - Smell, Hear - See Smell above. Sight and hearing and smell are long distance senses. We can interact greatly with just audiovisuals, e.g. games, movies, arts, etc.
  • Hear - Sight, Feel - See Sight above. Without echo location and vision, blind people must rely on hearing and touch to assist them.
  • Feel - Hear, Taste - See Hear above. Eating is enhanced by texture of food. Also babies first learn by touching and putting things in their mouth.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:53:22 PM by Den »

Den

• Global Moderator
  • Selina is my Superstar
    • View Profile
    • Amuseum
Five Power Alignments
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 07:56:22 PM »
Five Power Alignments

(original discussion from old Space: the Convergence spin-off)

How does one go about controlling space? That depends on what you are and what you have, right? If I was a billionaire, guess what my most abundant resource is? If I was some head of state, who do I have to sleep with to get my way, right? :lol:

So looking at a galactic civilization, who has the most power? Is it the council that makes laws? The 1% who own 90% of the worlds' resources and money? Those who command well-trained armies who can detonate a planet at a touch of the button? What about controlling and programming people's minds directly and indirectly? Perhaps the other millions of "lower", neglected species who've banded together because their domains have been overtaken by civilization sprawl? Or is there some other insidious forces waiting in the sidelines?

But one thing is for sure: they need to amass their power somehow. With enough resources and power, they can then deploy plans and subordinates who bring their masters closer to their ultimate goal. Thus, financial leaders would use their huge bank account to build factories and pay workers to do their deeds. Political and religious leaders have so much sway over populace and believers who will do their bidding. As a fleet admiral, you have command over a huge force of trained fighters and pilots and the most powerful weapons. Masters of the Minds can control other minds and even inhabit their physical beings, and create AI drones. Mutants and uncivilized, untamed beasts, who are unhappy with their lowly status and treatment and don't have access to advanced technology, resort to biological and chemical warfare, and even brute force since they are usually much stronger than the more intelligent races, to turn the tables against their oppressors.

So these are the five basic alignments: financial, influential, neural, natural, and martial. They are generic enough that resources can come from various sources.
Financial resources are mostly generated by banks and factories and merchants and workers.
Influential resources come from residences, cities, lawmakers, priests.
Neural resources are discovered in laboratories, libraries, information networks, or a central Matrix-like virtual world.
Natural resources are found in anything biological and natural, flora and fauna, rocks and dirt: farms, forests.
Martial resources perhaps gathered at military academies and bases, and battlefields.

With enough of any or all of these resource, then the leader (player) can start to deploy units and strategies, that is put them into play. What do the units they do in game terms?
Financial: make more money, extort money or resources from other players, build factories and materials (artifacts)
Influential: change and define rules, ban deployments, arrest and incarcerate criminals and sinners
Neural: drawing and discarding cards, dealing with archive (library) and hand, control other players' units and deployments
Natural: corrupt and destroy units and materials (artifacts), pump units, units with naturally high stats
Martial: cheap, combat-efficient units, direct damage, resource destruction

I didn't expect it to be this long, but this is the gist of it. :P