Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
2020-Feb-17 05:29

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

break:
Feb. 05 2020 - 11:40pm
@Den
Almost got the Meat/Item drop figured out. Feel close, but I need a bit more clarity on a few things.
break:
Jan. 31 2020 - 8:37pm
Congrats on the update my friend !! Will check it out this weekend
Den:
Jan. 24 2020 - 5:15am
Den:
Nov. 20 2019 - 1:23am
adding drop shadow to rules box makes art pop out toward viewer and rules box much interesting. overall the entire card looks much cooler
Den:
Nov. 16 2019 - 12:20am
check out the new card frames - Vogon GC - like greeting cards - just in time for the holiday season @
https://shenafu.com/magic/cc//
Den:
Nov. 15 2019 - 4:15am
check out the new card frames - Vogon LS - for landscape (letterbox) format @
https://shenafu.com/magic/cc//
break:
Sep. 01 2019 - 2:22am
@Den  Thanks, I have not submitted it and it should be available in about 24~48 hours !!
Den:
Aug. 31 2019 - 11:48pm
the same field for robot stat boost

Author Topic: [FFL2] Guaranteed Monster Meat Drops ?  (Read 218 times)

break

  • D-Sun called D-Moon
  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 36
  • No.1 in tha' hood
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
[FFL2] Guaranteed Monster Meat Drops ?
« on: 2020-Jan-31 21:49 »
Hello there, I hope you all are doing well.
My question is on two encounters in Final Fantasy Legends II
"TianLung" and "Fenrir" boss battles towards the end of the game.
I have noticed that, upon winning the battle, they always drop their monster-meat.

Question #1: Why is this ?

Question #2: Is it possible to set other battles/encounters to drop Meat/Items ?

Question #3: If so, how would someone do this as an example ?

My goal is to test this out with the "Watcher" battle in Race World.
I want to learn if it is possible to make that encounter always drop monster-meat.
Again, thanks for listening and I hope to get some feedback on this topic !

Pokemon Red 3DS-XL friend code : 1864-9639-1699 (Zeheart)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/breaktube
http://www.youtube.com/user/breaktube

Den

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1283
  • Selina is my Superstar
    • View Profile
    • Amuseum
Re: [FFL2] Guaranteed Monster Meat Drops ?
« Reply #1 on: 2020-Feb-01 00:02 »
haven't really looked into it.
Support me on Patreon

I saw. I conquered. I came.

break

  • D-Sun called D-Moon
  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 36
  • No.1 in tha' hood
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: [FFL2] Guaranteed Monster Meat Drops ?
« Reply #2 on: 2020-Feb-01 08:47 »
Aww...that is one part of fixed encounters that I have not been able to figure out.
Like in the Odin fight, you can get a meat drop or an item drop (since you have a mix of enemies)
But for one-on-one boss battles, trying to see why those final two bosses are flagged for meat drops upon defeat.
If you are able to discover anything, I would be very grateful to hear it ! 

Den

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1283
  • Selina is my Superstar
    • View Profile
    • Amuseum
Re: [FFL2] Guaranteed Monster Meat Drops ?
« Reply #3 on: 2020-Feb-02 06:56 »
ROM @ 33c50   33d4f    Meat, item drop chance / gold drop level

256 bytes, 1 byte per monster

if (value && 0x80) != 0 , then drops meat, else drops item
if (value && 0x40) != 0 , then chance of meat/item drop +80
if (value && 0x20) != 0 , then chance of meat/item drop +20
(value && 0x1F) = gold drop level (generally corresponds to DS level, except bosses)

Normal monsters have only the first and third condition true. On the contrary for TianLung and Fenrir, all three conditions are true. Thus 100% chance to drop meat.

This is great to know. So I can make OdinCrow become the fourth and final DS B monster. First set its flag just like TianLung and Fenrir to guarantee meat drop, and its DS level to B. Could raise its stats, or maybe not since it's part of boss fight challenge anyway. However note that Odin has a chance to drop items, too, namely Gungnir spear; and so does Sleipnir drop meat. So the dilemma is whether to prioritize OdinCrow meat or item. Hmmm.

break

  • D-Sun called D-Moon
  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 36
  • No.1 in tha' hood
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: [FFL2] Guaranteed Monster Meat Drops ?
« Reply #4 on: 2020-Feb-02 10:40 »
@Den

Oh wow, you are the best friend !
Okay, so 00033C50 ~ 00033D4F contains this information.
So like each byte corresponds with an encounter in the game ?

Second, so the 0x80 sets if a enemy is capable of dropping anything after battle ?
0x40 adds an 80% chance, while 0x20 adds an 20% chance ?
And 0x1F sets how much gold is earned after the battle ?
This is very interesting, so normally monsters only have a 20% chance to drop meat or an item !
 
Third, can you help me out with an example ?
So the Watcher fight at the end of race world
Where can I find that encounter in this range ?
Also, how would I set the first three values as true ?

Fourth, and finally, I did not realize you can change the DS-Level of monsters in the game !
I guess this was something I overlooked  >_<"
Interested in learning this as well, should be neat to have mutants learn more power skills during more boss battles.

break

  • D-Sun called D-Moon
  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 36
  • No.1 in tha' hood
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: [FFL2] Guaranteed Monster Meat Drops ?
« Reply #5 on: 2020-Feb-05 23:24 »
**Update**

Okay, starting to follow
So from offset range :  0x33C50 ~ 0x33D4F
Is where each enemy's DS-Level is located at
starting from Fungus -- 'A1' (0x33C50) to Ghost -- 'AB' (0x33D03)
TianLung -- 'EB' (0x33D0D)
Fenrir -- 'EB' (0x33D12)
Plasma -- 'A3' (0x33D27) to Plague -- 'AA' (0x33D2F)

So 'Ax' should be a Meat Enemy, '2x' an Item Enemy, and 'Ex' exclusive to TianLung and Fenrir 

From offset range:   0x33D50 ~ 0x33E4F
This seems to mirror it a bit
starting from Fungus -- '01' (0x33D50) to Ghost -- '4B' (0x33E03)
TianLung -- '3B' (0x33E0D)
Fenrir -- '2B' (0x33E12)
Plasma -- '03' (0x33E27) to Plague -- '4A' (0x33E2F)

Offset range:  0x33E50 ~ 0x33E7F
Seems to be about money...but not really sure where it points to or how it is calculated.

So with this information, how would I change a "Fungus" Meat Monster
To where it will drop meat 100% of the time ?

Den

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1283
  • Selina is my Superstar
    • View Profile
    • Amuseum
Re: [FFL2] Guaranteed Monster Meat Drops ?
« Reply #6 on: 2020-Feb-06 21:07 »
33C50 Meat, item drop chance / gold drop level
33D50 Moves selection / DS level


Quote
So with this information, how would I change a "Fungus" Meat Monster
To where it will drop meat 100% of the time ?

Set the respective bit to enable that feature. 80+40+20=E0

break

  • D-Sun called D-Moon
  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 36
  • No.1 in tha' hood
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: [FFL2] Guaranteed Monster Meat Drops ?
« Reply #7 on: 2020-Feb-07 18:18 »
33C50 Meat, item drop chance / gold drop level
33D50 Moves selection / DS level


Set the respective bit to enable that feature. 80+40+20=E0

Oh my...this really clears up a lot of confusion/uncertainty I had !
So to test this example, let's use the first Meat-Boss of the game "BabyWyrm" -- A2 (0x33CB9)

The first bit is the "Meat, Item Drop Chance" (Ax)
While the second bit is the "Gold Drop Level" (x2)

For the first bit, the combination can be :

0+0+0 = 0
0+0+2 = 2
0+4+2 = 6
0+4+0 = 4
8+0+0 = 8
8+0+2 = A
8+4+0 = C
8+4+2 = E

Because "BabyWyrm" has the 'A2' values
It means that the first and third statement are true
So it drops meat only 20% of the time.

With that said, if someone wants to make "BabyWyrm" drop meat 100% of the time
That offset value can be changed to "E2"
Since that would make all three statements true.

I hope I understand this correctly, will try and test it out this weekend.
If you notice that my thinking is incorrect, do let me know and even correct me.
Really want to experiment with a new hack with this information.

 

41 Guests, 0 Users