with turn 0 we can use also Pact of Negation
in addition to Force of Will
. This gives us 4-8 free counters.
There can be many killing combinations:
1. Black lotus
, goblin charbelcher
2. lotus, mox ruby
/simian spirit guide
, channel, banefire
3. mox emerald
, elvish spirit guide
, channel, belcher
4. 2 of ESG/summoner's pact, channel, belcher
5. lotus, any mox/sol ring
, 2 of any mox/ESG/SSG/summoner's pact, tinker
. lotus, any mox/sol ring/mana vault
, lion's eye diamond
7. lotus, any mox/ESG/SSG/summoner's pact, mana vault, tinker
8. lotus, any mox/ESG/SSG/summoner's pact, mana vault, show and tell
9. lotus, mox sapphire
, channel, tinker
10. lotus, flash
, protean hulk
/ summoner's pact
11. mox sapphire/lotus petal, ESG/SSG, flash, protean hulk / summoner's pact
hands with no room for counters:
1. lotus, 3 of any mox/ESG/SSG/summoner's pact, show and tell, belcher
4 Serum Powder
4 Leyline of Anticipation
1. Flash has been restricted since the creation of this list.
2. How to play Protean Hulk
after you Flash
it. Courtesy of http://www.themanadrain.com/index.php?topic=33095.5;wap2
How the Combo works (assuming that you don't have Carrion Feeder, Benevolent Bodyguard, or both Body Snatchers in your hand):
- Cast Flash into Protean Hulk. Hulk trigger goes on the stack.
- Put Carrion Feeder, Benevolent Bodyguard, and Body Snatcher into play. This protects you from Swords to Plowshares.
- If you drew Karmic Guide or Kiki-Jiki, now you discard them to Body Snatcher. Otherwise you sacrifice Body Snatcher with the Come-Into-Play trigger on the stack, returning Protean Hulk.
- Sacrifice Protean Hulk to Carrion Feeder. Go get Karmic Guide.
- Karmic Guide returns Protean Hulk to play. Sacrifice the long-suffering Hulk to Carrion Feeder. Go get Kiki-Jiki
- Have Kiki-Jiki target Karmic Guide. With the ability on the stack, but before it resolves, sacrifice Kiki-Jiki to Carrion Feeder.
- Have the copy of Karmic Guide return Kiki-Jiki to play. Repeat the last two steps ad nauseum, until you have a billion 2/2 Hasty Flying Karmic Guides.
- Savor the fruits of victory.
What to do if...
You draw Karmic Guide: Discard Karmic Guide to Body Snatcher as step one. Return Karmic Guide to play instead of Protean Hulk with the Body Snatcher's leave-play ability. Sacrifice Protean Hulk to go get Kiki-Jiki and continue as normal.
You draw Kiki-Jiki: Discard Kiki-Jiki to Body Snatcher as step one. When you sac the Protean Hulk to go get Karmic Guide, just have her reanimate Kiki-Jiki instead of the Hulk. Continue as normal.
You draw both: After you return Protean Hulk to play with Body Snatcher, go fetch the second Body Snatcher, discard whichever one you haven't already, and then return Karmic Guide with the second Body-Snatcher's leave play ability. Return Kiki with Karmic Guide and continue as normal.
You draw both + a Body Snatcher: Are you really this unlucky? Dig for a fucking Brainstorm.
You draw Carrion Feeder: You can't discard it to Carrion Feeder, so you have to either cast it or Brainstorm it back. Luckily, you can still play it around removal by using the Hulk trigger to get Benevolent Bodyguard + Karmic Guide. When Hulk returns to play, just cast the Feeder during your main phase. Continue as normal. All it does is tack one black mana to the combo cost.
You draw Benevolent Bodyguard: If you don't Brainstorm it back, it's still really not that big a deal. You don't need it to win, just to duck potential removal. The point of Benevolent Bodyguard is to make creature removal low-relevance. If you draw Bodyguard or they have double removal through your counters/disruption, they can conceivably stop the combo. But the point is simply that StP is no longer something you could regularly lose to. Instead of being a reliable counter that you had to deal with, it's a very high gamble for them- unless they get two StPs, or you draw the Bodyguard, the card is useless.
I'll try to find a new set of cards that can kill right away instead of attacking. Add Brion Stoutarm
, Tinder Wall
, and Jawbone Skulkin
. When you first fetch Kiki, also fetch Jawbone Skulkin
, then do the infinite recursion of Kiki. When Carrion Feeder
has enough power to kill the opponent, stop the infinite recursion of Kiki. Instead, copy Karmic Guide
more time, but reanimate Hulk and sacrifice it one final time. This time search for Brion Stoutarm
and two Tinder Wall
s. Sacrifice both Tinder Walls to get
. Activate Jawbone to give Brion haste, then
and tap Brion to chuck the Feeder at the opponent.
Kay Tse : Slowness : 2009http://www.shenafu.com/imgd/poem/kaytse.png http://www.shenafu.com/imgd/daily/comic_bc.svg http://www.shenafu.com/imgd/daily/xkcd.svg