Author Topic: neoFFL2 mod questions  (Read 3325 times)

FFL2fan

neoFFL2 mod questions
« on: July 09, 2010, 10:57:18 PM »
Quick question concerning your neoFFL2 mod (which I thoroughly enjoy, by the way).

What is meant by "level" in this line of your patch notes for v4-101? Is this the DS-level of the monster being engaged?

I'll put it this way. I have a human that swings a sword (a strength-based weapon) at a monster of DS level 3. Does that mean the chance to gain strength that round is 2.5% + 3* 7.5% = 25%? Were this the case, stat gain would seem abnormally fast later in the game, where the monsters of DS level A (which is level 11) would give a stat gain of 2.5% + 11*7.5% = 85%. I am only in the giant's world so I can't really do any strong tests. Could you please enlighten me?

--character changes
  --Human and Mutant stat growth rate
     --Human
      --HP: 5+10 per level == 2.5%+5% per level
      --Str, Mana: 5+15 per level == 2.5%+7.5% per level
      --Agl: 5+20 per level == 2.5%+10% per level
     --Mutant
      --Skill: 15+15 per level == 7.5%+7.5% per level
      --HP: 5+5 per level == 2.5%+2.5% per level
      --Str, Mana, Def: 5+10 per level == 2.5%+5% per level
      --Agl: 5+15 per level == 2.5%+7.5% per level

Thanks again for your help!

Den

• Global Moderator
  • Selina is my Superstar
    • View Profile
    • Amuseum
Re: neoFFL2 mod questions
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 10:37:26 PM »
It's the level difference between the enemy and the player's converted DS level.
if enemy is DS level A and your human strength is converted DS level 9, then your bonus chance is 7.5% and your total chance for that battle is 10%.
that's why after you beat a boss you have a much higher chance of gaining stats. bosses have higher DS levels, so the bonus chances are multiplied by the difference in levels.

Den

• Global Moderator
  • Selina is my Superstar
    • View Profile
    • Amuseum
Re: neoFFL2 mod questions
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 11:04:51 AM »
I'm very glad you enjoyed my mod and were having so much fun with the human class, knowing that my mod has served its purpose.

As for Portals, haha, don't hold your breath. I haven't worked on it in months. The combat engine is mostly complete, but the story and map engines haven't even been started.