New Creature Type Classification: Status
Normally a creature’s types can be classified as race and class. I propose a third classification: status. Status is appended after race and class on the type line.
List of Statuses
Here are some statuses for this proposal:
- Leader — leads or governs a group of beings, usually grants bonuses to the people they lead
- Noble — elite with high social, political, or economic standing
- Master — expert with extraordinary skill, knowledge, or wisdom
- Rebel — member of faction opposed to the current government or leadership
- Ally — member of a band of adventurers
- Zombie — a condition granted to beings returned from the graveyard
- Survivor — survives a catastrophe. possibly recurring ability
- Elder — currently only used for special dragon legends
Sample card based on Figure of Destiny:
Figure of Mastery
Creature – Merfolk
: ~ becomes a 2/2 Merfolk Wizard.
: If ~ is a Wizard, it becomes a 4/4 Merfolk Wizard Master with hexproof.
: If ~ is a Master, it becomes an 8/8 Merfolk Wizard Master Avatar with hexproof and trample.