Go to Conscript’s main webpage.
I am developing a new video game called Conscript. Conscript is a 2D tactical RPG for the desktop and mobile browsers that uses stable HTML5 and Phaser framework to allow players to control armies in a war against other empires for control of the world and for control of lost ancient powerful technology and magic. It is heavily inspired by the great Sega Genesis console classic, Warsong. The captivating story and unforgettable characters are revealed through scenarios, where each side controls dozens of units per scenario, divided into commanders and their troops. You must keep your commanders alive while eliminating cunning, formidabble opposing forces. In addition, Conscript also blends in a new twist that enhances strategy even more while remaining true to the Warsong lineage.
- Send hundreds and thousands of troops into massive battles against equally huge opposing forces.
- Watch as armies clash in riveting combat scenes.
- Commanders can gain experience and even be promoted into stronger types of commanders.
- Commanders can hire up to nine different types of troops (such as soldiers, elementals, and angels).
- Unearth and purchase strong weapons and items, and cast powerful, devastating magic.
- A new constructed language and unique writing system to enhance gameplay and immersion.
Conscript is a double entendre. The familiar definition means being drafted into the army. In this game, you control many, many pieces of troops–altogether it may add up to several hundreds of thousands over the course of the game. The second meaning is an abbreviation for constructed scripture, hence con-script. I have created a writing system for use in my games. It’s called Liyahu and is based on the trinity concepts of mind, body, and soul. I will use both this script and the trinity concept in this game. Hence, I feel the name is very appropriate, yet not cheesy (my first title idea was Ruins of Runes; perhaps it can a be subtitle.)
The game will be developed in HTML5 using the Phaser framework. It can be played on any platform via a web browser and works with any type of input controls, including keyboard, mouse, touch, and game controller.
I will continue to update my progress on this game here on this blog.